Want to make a quick and strong repair to an aluminum or other non-ferrous metal and not pay a lot of money to have it done? You can repair these parts using a common propane tourch with these nifty welding rods! The rods produces a sound joint that is stronger than the parent metal. This repair kit is really handy around the boat for fixing all kinds of aluminum and cast non-ferrous metals like:
- aluminum boat hull repair
- cracked castings
- outboard props
- stripped threads
- fill unused mast holes
- 1 lb. (17 to 26 repair rods - 22 average)
- 1 stainless steel Wire Brush
- Shipshape TV
- Practical Sailor Magazine
- Powerboat Magazine ("We like this stuff and heartily recommend it")
- Easy to use compared to conventional welding
- Works with a common propane tourch
- Stronger than aluminum
- No fluxes or fumes
- Low working temperature
- Handy for quick repairs
- Low cost
- The rods will work with propane, MAPP, butane, oxyacetylene or any fuel source as long as the material is brought up to 732°F. The rod will not work if heated directly. You must heat the material that you are working on to 732°F and then apply the rod.
- brush surface clean with the stainless steel brush (included in kit)
- heat part surface until the rod coats the surface
- slowly flow the rod into the gap
- "I am sure several of you have seen the guys at the boat show weldiing aluminum with a rod and a propane torch. and wondered if this stuff could be handy for "in the field" and remote repairs .... bottom line, yes, the stuff works and could be very handy" ....Captkeywest
- "GREAT STUFF I ordered aluminum welding rods to weld together a big job. I am refurbishing my 16' X 8' pontoon boat and I am making my own railing out of 1" square aluminum tubes.
You guessed it, I used the rods to weld the cuts together and it is wonderful."...Anonymous
- "I repaired my 1975 Starcraft aluminum boat. I had 11 leaks 0 leaks now. The whole trick is do it twice.The first time did not stop leaks. I reheated each leak and rubbed each with stainless brush.I guess it is a matter of tinning fine cracks and loose rivets."...Dave Hafner
- "It's absolutely wonderful! It really does work very well. You can actually repair aluminum articles without flux and without very high heat. You just heat the broken piece with a propane torch, then after it's beyond the melting point of the rod, you rub the article with the rod, and the aluminum alloy will fill the gap in the broken piece. Great stuff!"...Mike M.
Use the same technology that unlocks your car door to turn your deck lights on before you board from up to 75 Yards away - Makes boarding easier and safer!
Non-lanolin 100% synthetic formula US Navy spec.
Turns ordinary anchor light into distress signal providing an important safety feature.
Clears lines fast!
Compact and rugged Designed for many years of operation Made in USA!
On Sale Now. MSRP
$246.00, Now $199.95!
Compact and rugged Designed for many years of operation. Mounting bracket included Made in USA!
On Sale Now. MSRP
$224.00, Now $185.00!
Provides additional safety measure in case the user forgets to shut off the propane solenoid manually.