We’ve combined the highest quality name-brand components in our pre-programmed WiFi SignalMaker™ kit. A Sailors Solutions exclusive is our 8 dB WiFi Antenna and beefy mounting bracket with our shielded -grounded marine-grade cable. Without getting too technical, our 8 dB antenna has the highest output of any WiFi system available. This means a better signal for you over longer distances.
Here a some interesting facts to consider about WiFi onboard:
- WiFi signals are line-of-sight signals and do not penetrate solid objects well. The higher the antenna, the better the reception. We hesitate to throw out distance number like 10 miles or more because each harbor and each application has its own set of propagation characteristics.
- The gain of the antenna is a log function and is second in importance only to the height of the antenna.
- The FCC has regulated amplifier maximum output making antenna efficiency even more critical in obtaining a good signal. Our amplifier meets the maximum legal limit and is the brand name industry standard. The M2 is the latest technology from Ubiquiti, the industry leader. It mounts directly under our 8 dB antenna for maximum efficiency and is well tested in the field.
- The marine environment will quickly degrade transmission exposed wiring. Our antenna cable is jacketed with made of hi-quality UV resistant polymer.
- WiFi signals are small (electrically speaking) They are easily interfered with and lose signal strengh directly dependent on the distance of the run of transmission cable. Our antenna cable is shielded and grounded to eliminate interference and promotes transmission of the best signal possible. Beware of inferior cables. They just don’t last in the marine environment and don’t provide the efficiency of a shielded grounded cable.
- Setting up a WiFi system onboard requires a fair amount of DYI skill. We've simplified this by pre-programming the WiFi SignalMaker™ and offering online support by a systems expert. The WiFI SignalMaker™ is designed to be a plug-and-play installation.
- There are many routers to choose from. We chose the Linksys router. It’s a powerful unit that operates efficiently on 12 VDC making your boat a local hotspot. We pre-programmed the router for our system providing you with an easy post installation setup procedure.
- 8 dB Marine High Gain Antenna
- 125 MPH Mast & Stanchion Mount System
- 2M Bullet Hi-Output Amplifier
- 50 ft. Shielded Marine-Grade Cable Call for longer lengths.
- 12 Volt Power Inserter
- Alpha Router Pre-Programmed for easy installation
- Installation & Startup Guide
- Frequency: 2400 MHz
- VSWR: 1.5 to 1
- Impedance: 50 Ohm
- Input Power: 100 Watts
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +70 Degrees C
- Gain: 8 dB
- Weight: 1.1 Lbs / 0.5 Kg
- Dimensions: 0.6 in x 27 in
- Connector: N female
Jan '09 Practical Sailor's Highest Lumen Output!The Brightest output LED system, pleasing color,
broad focus, very low battery draw. Fits into vertical and horizontal fixtures! Zero radio interference!
Boat Show Special through February! Instantly electrify all your winches!
Everything you need to upgrade your Yanmar,Perkins or other saddle mount dual foot alternators to the most efficient charging system for AGM or flooded cell batteries
Charge faster Charge better!
See and be seen! Sold by the foot
Solve onboard mounting problems fast! A little goes a long way!
Compact and rugged Designed for many years of operation Made in USA
On Sale through February. MSRP
$351.00, Now $285.00!
Be safe - Light up your cockpit and keep an extra anchor light on board
Doubles as a cockpit/ utiltiy light
A drop of oil from your dip stick gives you four important parameters: Sediment, Oil condition, Water in oil, Fuel in oil