This high quality drag pointer vacuum gauge provides an easy way to monitor the life of a primary diesel fuel filter and help diagnose fuel supply related performance problems.
The gauge is mounted on the suction side of the primary fuel filter before the secondary filter, which is located on the engine. The drag pointer really comes in handy because it remembers the maximum vacuum during cruising. With this feature, you can easily check the condition of your fuel system any time you're in the engine compartment - even when the engine is off!
- Easy-to-read 2 1/2 inch diameter face with a drag pointer that remembers the maximum vacuum that occurred during engine use
- Clearly labeled operating range
- Liquid fill that dampens vibration making the gauge easy to read and prolongs its life. Expansion bubble allows for thermal expansion.
- 1/4 inch NPT bottom fitting
- Rugged stainless steel construction for long life
- Made in the USA
Vacuum Monitoring Information
- For Racor® turbine type diesel filters, purchase instead our kit that includes the drag point gauge and adaptor that replaces theT-handle. See our item number VG01KT Vacuum Guage Kit.
- For spin-on type filters, you can change the orientation of the gauge by adding our item number VG03 stainless steel 90° adaptor.
Visit our Vacuum Monitoring
information page for tips and information on monitoring diesel fuel systems including possible diagnostics and Racor® filter information.
Don't forget to use a diesel compatible thread sealer like our Block™ Multipurpose Thread Sealant
. Teflon® tape is not recommended for petroleum applications.
Sensor installs easily on the outside of your tank. Awarded Practical Sailor Editor's Choice 2009
See and be seen! Sold by the foot
Everything you need to upgrade your Yanmar,Perkins or other saddle mount dual foot alternators to the most efficient charging system for AGM or flooded cell batteries
Charge faster Charge better!
Keep your batteries plates clean & fresh.
Works automatically each time you charge!
It's programmable! Don't let your batteries go low without warning
Shuts off or turns on electrical devices automatically
Be safe - Light up your cockpit and keep an extra anchor light on board
Doubles as a cockpit/ utiltiy light
Charges deeper, faster and without maintenance!
Will not spill or leak!
White is out of stock. Solve onboard mounting problems fast! A little goes a long way!